- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
20/20 Vision—Our Preferred Future
A Commitment to Serve
20 Million Children by the Year 2020
A Robust Vision Critical to the Future
- What is ACA’s 20/20 Vision?
We must advocate for children, youth, and families. Yes, we are camp professionals, but even more importantly, we are advocates for quality, developmental experiences for children, youth, and families.
- The Strength of Many Voices: Children, Youth, and Families Need to Hear Yours, by Peg Smith
Today, ACA is possibly facing the most critical need in its history to facilitate a powerful transformation.
- Video: Peg's Keynote Address at the 2008 National Conference
- The Power of the Experience, by Peg Smith
Those who have experienced camp first-hand or observed the benefits that camp provides others, more often than not, describe the experience as "life saving."
- 20/20 Context (Our Preferred Future)
- Brutal Truths PowerPoint
- Brutal Truths II PowerPoint
Roadmap to Our Vision
Overview and Description Documents
- 20/20 Chronology
- 20/20 Puzzle Graphic (PDF) — The graphic is specifically designed to illustrate the unique complexities of the 20/20 Vision. Each piece of the puzzle represents a different initiative that is underway at ACA.
- 20/20 Initiatives — Descriptions of all 20/20 initiatives and projects are continually updated online for your reference.
- ACA Master Plan
- ACA' s "owners"
- Strategic Roadmap
- Building a Desired Future: A Unified, Healthy Professional Association
- 20/20 Vision Update: Accomplishments, Next Steps, and Important Dates — November 23, 2009
- 20/20 Vision Update — November 3, 2009
- 20/20 Vision Fiscal Information Update — October 20, 2009
- 20/20 Vision Update — October 2, 2009
- 20/20 Vision Update — May 5, 2009
- Communications to Sections
Resources and Data
- Questions for ACA National about Transition
- Conversation Starter per Working Relationships
- ACA Section Roll-up Checklist
- ACA Stages of Unification
- Western Meeting
- National Collaborations — business partnerships and educational alliances
- Types of Partnerships
- Section Responses to Questions in the Brutal Truths II presentation
- Data Maps
- Map Your Community Demographics and Resources
- Camping Magazine’s 20/20 Toolbox
Questions or comments? E-mail the Task Force.