The American Camp Association (ACA) is a community of camp professionals who, for over 100 years, have joined together to share our knowledge and experience and to ensure the quality of camp programs. ACA is a nonprofit national association, organized in the state of Indiana, and recognized by the Internal Revenue Service under section 501(c)3 as a charitable organization.
The association has adopted three ENDS statements, overall goals of the association:
- There will be greater public understanding of and support for the value of the camp experience.
- An increasing number of children, youth, and adults of all social, cultural, and economic groups, will have a camp experience.
- The camp experience will be of high quality.
ACA is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, individuals who are charged with hiring the association’s chief executive and overseeing the business and affairs of the corporation. The purpose of the Board is to see to it that ACA determines and accomplishes appropriate results for the appropriate people at an appropriate cost, while avoiding unacceptable situations and conditions. The Board also serves as the link between the organization and the people who are interested or potentially interested in the camp experience.
ACA’s governance principles are composed of a series of documents adopted by the Board of Directors and reviewed periodically to ensure they continue to meet the needs of the association.
- Governing Documents
- About the Board
- Member Involvement & Governance Process
- Ethics, Conduct, & Compliance Resources
- Financials & Reporting
ACA is seeking a new Chief Executive Officer. Please download the job posting for more information.