Purpose of the Not-for-Profit Council
- Provide networking opportunities that facilitate communication among not-for-profit members of the ACA.
- Provide a format to engage not-for-profit members in discussions that identify critical trends and issues relating to the industry.
- Provide a platform to investigate and launch new initiatives to meet the key challenges of ACA not-for-profit camps and their members.
- Provide support for the work and mission of camp, in particular the not-for-profit sector, through the development of tools and resources. The Not-for-Profict Council is proud to have financially supported the creation of the Youth Outcomes Battery Tools.
The Not-For-Profit Council Is Organized to
- Facilitate communication among the not-for-profit membership of the American Camp Association
- Serve as a vehicle for discussion of not-for-profit camp issues
- Provide opportunities for development of leadership within the not-for-profit camp community
- Provide support to the mission of the American Camp Association
The Not-for-Profit Council is an affiliate organization of the American Camp Association and operates with guidelines created by ACA to serve the special interests of the not-for-profit camp community. Membership in the Not-For-Profit Council is open to any member of the American Camp Association with not-for-profit affiliation who is willing to pay dues. Join ACA online!
Benefits of Membership
- National not-for-profit camp voice and network
- Identification of and research on current trends
- Low cost
- Professional development in not-for-profit issues
- Grant resources
- Legislative and policy advocacy network
- Professional development in volunteer management