ACA Public Policy Agenda
The Board of Directors of the American Camp Association sets the public policy and government relations agenda for the organization. The agenda for the 2015-2016 year is:
- Protect the safety of children, youth and adults participating in the camp experience.
- Achieve recognition that camp is an expanded learning opportunity.
ACA Public Policy Position Statements
To support this work, the Board has approved the following public policy position statements:
- Camp Safety
- Children and Nature
- Children and Physical Activity
- Criminal Background Checks
- Public Lands (use of Federal, state and local lands)
- School Calendars
- Year-Round Education
Dowload a copy of the ACA Public Policy Agenda and Position Statements.