Camp has always been a unique developmental environment that weaves global citizenship with other outcomes such as critical thinking skills, leadership, and character development.
And now more than ever, the gifts of culture that our international visitors bring are critical. Not only because the Partnership for 21st Century Skills calls for social and cross-cultural skills as a stepping stone to success. But, importantly, because we must teach our children cultural empathy and understanding — to see themselves in others, recognize the beauty in differences, and unite in the spirit we share across global boundaries.
Read the testimonials of those who know the value of the camp cultural exchange program!
From international participants:
- Being Here Gives Me Opportunity for Personal Growth — Anna, Poland
- An Open Letter to the Decision Makers in the USA Government — Anna, United Kingdom
- Why Camp Cultural Exchange Is So Important! — Tove, Norway
- The Importance of Maintaining the Cultural Exchange Program — Michael, Great Britain
- Cultural Exchange — Andrew, Great Britain
- A Career Defining Moment — Sam, United Kingdom
- The Most Unique Experience Possible — Dan, United Kingdom
- Life Changing Times Should Be Preserved — Imogen, United Kingdom
- Making Memories, Changing Lives — Charlie, Scotland
- I've Had the Time of My Life — Joanna, Ireland
- Truly Life Changing — Alan, Scotland
- The Best Thing I Ever Did! — Robert, Great Britian
- The Best 7 Summers of My Life, A Part of Me — Louise, Camp Tioga
- Camp America, Invaluable Cultural Exchange — Luke, Great Britian
- The Summer of A Lifetime — Laura, Camp Chenoa
- Best Summer Ever! — Liz, United Kingdom
- How Do I Begin? — Martin, Yorkshire, England
- Keep the Doors Open and Everyone Benefits — Russell, United Kingdom
- Incredible Cultural Experience — Keeley, Camp Shoshanim
- The Value of Camp America — Nicole, Australia
- The Best Experience of My Life — Becky, United Kingdom
- Camp Helped Me Find My Life's Calling — Brian, Australia
- Please Save Camp for Us and For Many Others in the Future! — Pavlina, Czech Republic
- Being Given the Opportunity... — Richie, Australia
- Camp Counselling Down Through the Ages — Yvette, Clevedon, England
- A Life Changing Experience — Andrew, Great Britian
- Camp: Living Life with No Regrets — Jules, Australia
- For Me ... It Really Is Simple — Richard, Ely, England
- Changed My Life! — Carly, Australia
- The Most Important Thing ... Changes in Lifestyle — Csanadi, Hungary
From American camps, sponsors, and participants:
- Cultural Exchange for a Better World — Peg, ACA CEO, U.S.A
- It Will Change Your Life! — Michelle, U.S.A.
- Camp America — Patricia, Camp America
- Preserve These Programs For A Better Future! — Dennis, U.S.A.
- Changed My Life Forever — Allen, U.S.A.
- One Step Closer to World Peace — Sonja, U.S.A.
- Camp Cultural Exchange Enriches and Changes Lives — Lauren, U.S.A.
- Cultural Experience and Life-Long Friends — Meg, U.S.A.
- International Sports Training Camp — Chloe, U.S.A.
- The Magic of Camp — Marisa-Marie, U.S.A.
- Summer Camps, Cross Cultural Skills and Employer Recognition — Alexandra, Recruiter
- Camp — Leanna, U.S.A.
- Camp ISTC — Hannah, U.S.A.
- The Heart of Camp — Kim, U.S.A.
- The Most Positive Experience of My Life — Melanie, U.S.A.
- Mike Was the First Austalian I Ever Met — Bryan, U.S.A.
- Champions of Global Understanding — Liz, New Zealand
- It Made A Difference in My Life — Christopher, U.S.A.
Share Your Story
Have your own testimonial about the value of the camp cultural exchange program? Share it with us.