- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
Learn About ACA Accreditation
- What's the purpose?
- Tell Me More – helpful information for prospective camps, parents, media (PDF - 1MB)
- What support tools and services are available to help beginners?
- What's in it for me?
- Is accreditation right for my program? Are we eligible?
- What does being ACA-Accredited mean? To me and my staff? Public? Supervisor/board chair? Funding agency?
- How much does accreditation cost? What are the benefits for accredited camps?
- What areas of my operation are covered?
- How long does accreditation last? An on-site visit occurs every three years. Accreditation is approved on an annual basis by the local leadership based on continued compliance as evidenced by a signed Annual Statement of Compliance and current fees.
- The Standards at a Glance - versions based on both the 2007 and 2012 Edition of the Standards
- Find out about the camp-related regulations in your state.
Steps to Accreditation
Dispelling Common Myths