- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
A Great Time to Get Outdoors!
As camp staff, you know the importance of enjoying and caring for your natural surroundings. This time of year, the leaves are changing and the air is crisp — fall is a great time to get outdoors!
Here are our top ten favorite fall activities:
- Hiking (You can get into National Parks for free in honor of Veterans' Day Weekend, Nov. 10-12)
- Going to the pumpkin patch or apple orchard
- Camping (S'mores anyone?!)
- Helping elderly neighbors winterize their yards (Raking, weeding, getting the garden ready for spring!)
- Collecting fall leaves
- Outdoor pick-up games with friends (Football, basketball, soccer, etc.)
- Taking a hayride
- Birdwatching (Never been? Check out this beginner's guide!)
Did we miss something? What's YOUR favorite fall activity?
Check out our some of our nature-focused educational alliances for more information on getting outdoors and sharing your experiences:
- Children and Nature Network: Offers parents, youth, civic leaders, educators and health-care providers access to the latest news and research in this field as well as practical advice, including ways to apply new-found knowledge at home, at school, in work environments, and in the community.
- Outdoor Afro: A community that reconnects African-Americans with natural spaces and one another through recreational activities such as camping, hiking, biking, fishing, gardening, skiing — and more!
- The Nature Conservancy: The leading conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people.
- ecoAmerica: Dedicated to supporting the environmental movement and growing the base of public support for environment and climate solutions among mainstream Americans.