- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
Prepare Yourself for the Best Summer Yet!
Hanging out with kids all day as a camp counselor can be pretty amazing. But doing your job well means you need to be prepared!
In ACA's Entry-Level Program Staff Certificate of Added Qualification (CAQ) course, you will learn the foundation of being a great counselor. Topics covered include:
- What is youth development?
- How do you develop a program plan?
- Why is evaluation important?
- How do you prevent bullying?
- How can you best handle emergencies?
- What can you do to form strong bonds with coworkers and participants?
- And more
Show your boss that you want to be a great employee! You earn 15 continuing education credits for participation in the course, and it's online, so you can complete it at your own pace BEFORE camp even starts!