- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
Top 10 Reasons to Attend the 2012 ACA National Conference
Here are the top 10 reasons to join us in Atlanta, Georgia, February 21-24, 2012!
- Professional Development Opportunities. Learn about the topics you love (camp, kids, leadership) and be able to put it on your resume.
- It’s FREE for Student Members! If you haven't already taken advantage of a free ACA membership, sign up as student member at www.ACAcamps.org/membership/free. Then, register for conference as a student member . . . which is also FREE. Student members enjoy all the educational sessions at conference. Details at: www.ACAcamps.org/conference/registration#students.
- Make Connections. Meet friends with the same interests as you, and even talk to the experts in camp from across the country.
- Atlanta Is Awesome! Shopping, unique dining, tourist attractions, professional sports teams, and so much more! Check it out at: www.atlanta.com/
- You Can Get Credit. You can earn up to 18.25 continuing education credits at conference. Ask your professors or supervisors if they’ll accept these for some extra credit, course requirements, or professional development credit.
- Be One of the First to Know. The new nature movement is capturing national attention as environmental and health concerns rise. What is nature’s answer for these problems? Find out more about the future of children and nature . . . and where camp fits in that equation.
- It Will Be EPIC. Emerging Professionals in Camping (EPIC) will be holding a preconference event. Get to know your peers and learn how to plan and execute a strategy that can turn beginning staff into real leaders. Details at: www.acacamps.org/conference/kindred#epic.
- Learn What’s Trending in Camp. The conference will show you emerging trends in youth development, innovative programs and activities in camp, and how the latest technology can enhance the camp experience.
- Help the Kids. ACA will be collecting new or gently used children’s books for its “Plant Books — Grow Minds” service project. Bring a book (or a dozen!) and help Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Pediatric Hospital and International Community School.
- Find out More about What ACA Can Do for YOU. Sometimes the best reason to attend conference is to meet the staff and volunteers that can explain, in person, exactly how ACA can support you.
Learn more about the 2012 ACA National Conference in Atlanta.