- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
Health and Wellness Standards, HW
Below is the link to the reviewed/revised/reformatted standards for what, in the current Accreditation Process Guide, are the Health and Wellness Standards (HW).
- OLD/New HW-6 Health Exams: Now asks for the camp to assess the need for a health exam based on their program and clientele.
- OLD/New HW-16 Health Care Center: The requirement for a lockable storage system for medication is now included in HW-20.
- OLD HW-20/CURRENT HW-19 Medication, Storage, and Administration: Added “storage” to this standard. Also now includes the requirement for the protocols for an RN to dispense medication.
- OLD HW-3/CURRENT HW- 11 Health Care Policies/Procedures: Areas that were covered by other standards are no longer included in this standard.
- OLD HW-12/CURRENT HW-13 Treatment Procedures: This standard has been significantly re-worded.
- HW-6 Health Exams: No longer required for campers or staff unless determined to be necessary by camp operator.
- Reference to staff in any of the standards regarding health history, permission to treat, or contact information has been separated into standards dealing only with staff.
- All staff health information, permission to treat, etc. is now included in separate standards (necessary due to employment concerns).
Please note: Once all revisions/reformatting have been completed, all standards will be assigned the appropriate number.