- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
Operational Management Standards, OM
Below is the link to the reviewed/revised/reformatted standards for what, in the current Accreditation Process Guide, are the Operational Management Standards (OM).
- Re-organization of standards into general topic areas (ex: all standards that deal with “Risk Management and Prevention” are together).
- OM-2 Firearms Control: In order to eliminate a potential double jeopardy, we are only asking about the locking of firearms in this standard and not also in PD. The language previously used in the PD standard is being used in OM-2.
- OM-9 Insurance Coverage: Changed terms “Fire and extended risk” to “Property coverage on buildings” per the recommendation of the insurance industry. Added “Business Personal Property” (covers furniture, merchandise, etc. used/owned by the business even if the building is not owned).
- OM-1 Review of Foundational Practices: Will be included in additional resource information.
- OM-5 Assessment of Standards Compliance: Will be included in resource information.
- OM-11 Smoking Policies.
- OM-12 Staff Emergency Training: Now included in what is currently numbered OM-X, Emergency Procedures and Rehearsal.
Please note: Once all revisions/reformatting have been completed, all standards will be assigned the appropriate number.