- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
Program Design Standards, PD
Below are the reviewed/revised/reformatted standards for what, in the current Accreditation Process Guide, are the PD, PC, and PH Standards. In an effort to reduce redundancy, these three program sections have been "collapsed." The Program Aquatic and Program Trip/Travel standards will continue to "stand alone."
- Re-organization of standards into general topic areas (ex: all standards that deal with protective equipment are together).
- A fourth bullet was added to the definition of specialized program activities.
- Specialized program activities now include challenge/adventure and horseback riding. There are still some standards specific to these program areas.
- The standard specific to operating procedures has been removed and those topics are now covered in other standards — specific to the topic.
- Use of additional protective equipment in boarding/skating and riflery.
- PD-2 Outdoor opportunities
- PD-3 Environmental practices (covered in PD-1)
- PD-9 Camper involvement in program planning
Please note: Once all revisions/reformatting have been completed, all standards will be assigned the appropriate number.
Comment period is now closed.