- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
Camping Magazine: 2010 May/June
This issue features a roundtable discussion with bestselling authors Rachel Simmons and Michael Thompson. Additionally, Kim Aycock, Bob Ditter, Jeffrey Leiken, Bruce Muchnick, Penny Bryan, Kim Storey, Christopher Thurber, Stephen Wallace, and others offer their expertise and professional strategies in this special staff training issue created exclusively for staff and for trainers.
- Download Digital Edition
- Putting Camp in the Childhood Equation: A Conversation with Rachel Simmons and Michael Thompson
- Cool Under Pressure: How to Do What You Know How to Do When You Most Need to Do It
By Jeffrey Leiken, M.A.
- Confessions of a Disciplinarian: How Managing Camper Behavior Can Save the Summer
By Stephen Wallace, M.S. Ed.
- Camp Traditions: Memories in the Making
By Dawn Swindle
- How Can Counselors Be Inclusive?
By Greg Cronin, CCD, and Joanna Sadler
- Eyes on Bullying: What YOU Can Do to Prevent and Stop Bullying at Camp
By Kim Storey, Ed.D.
- Cracking Children’s SECRET Code
By Christopher Thurber, Ph.D.
- Memo to Staff: Talking Out of Both Sides of My Mouth
By Bob Ditter
- Positive Learning
By Bruce S. Muchnick, Ed.D. and Penny S. Bryan, Ph.D.
- Big Deal or No Big Deal: A Framework for Co-Counselors
By Kim Aycock, M.S.T.