- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
Transportation at Camp 2002 Archives
- The National Transportation Safety Board is calling on GM and Ford to improve the safety performance of their 15-passenger vans.
- Nov. 4, 2002 - NTSB Urges Improved Safety in Vans - AP
- Nov. 1, 2002 - NTSB Letter to Ford & GM on Van Safety (.pdf file)
- Nov. 1, 2002 - NTSB Letter to National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (.pdf file)
- Update on 15-Passenger Vans
Latest information on regulations, concerns, and guidelines for camps who use 15-passenger vans for transportation.
- NHTSA Repeats Rollover Warning To Users of 15-Passenger Vans
- Reducing the Risk of Rollover Crashes in 15-passenger Vans - Flyer
- Reducing the Risk of Rollover Crashes in 15-passenger Vans - Hangtag for inside the van (.pdf - 60k)
- Federal Motor Carrier Improvement Act (Microsoft Word format - 32k) (4/2002)
Proposes establishing a Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration