- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
Direct Mail List
Direct Mail Marketing Works - Promote Your Business to ACA camps
Direct-mail advertising is used by every type of business to communicate with current and potiential customers. Use direct mail to announce a new product or service, or to provide discounts to a select group of people. A direct-mail campaign can target an audience either broad or narrow; multiple marketing factors determine the rate of return, which varies for different campaigns. Use the ACA Direct Mail List to reach approximately 2,300 camps across the U.S.
Returen Rate: You can expect a 1/2 to a 2 percent of returned mail from any direct mail campaign.
Calculating your ROI: Calculate the return for a direct-mail campaign by multiplying the four key elements: sale price, number of mailings, response rate and conversion rate. The response rate is the number of people who respond to an ad; the conversion rate is the number who make a purchase. Subtract the campaign cost and divide the total by the campaign cost; this gives the rate of return. For example, assume you spent $1,000 to send out 100 postcards advertising a product for $50; 10 people came in, but only five people bought the product. In this example, the calculation is 50 x 100 x 10 x 5; subtract 1,000 from that product and then divide the difference by 1,000 – resulting in 249, or about 25 percent.
Tips for a successful mailing campaign:
- Create objectives with a strong call to action, such as a coupon.
- Target a specific group with a 10-percent savings on select merchandise.
- Carefully select the type of mailing piece you want to send. Postcards are most often looked at.
- Besure that you can track results. This is the only way you will be able to determine your ROI.
- Stay committed. Don't give up if you do not succeed on the first try. People need at least 5 touch points before they will react.