- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
Goals and Outcome Objectives for the BCDC
Goal One - To present the basics of camp management in 13 core areas of the organized body of knowledge.
- Outcome Objective: Participants will have a basic knowledge of key concepts/terms, general operational practices, and minimum competencies for each of the 13 core areas.
- Outcome Objective: Participants will share experiences and compare techniques for the management of their operations and programs.
Goal Two - To expand their network of peers and develop a community of professionals in a "camp like" atmosphere.
- Outcome Objective: Through informal discussions and participatory learning techniques participants will expand the number of people they know in the camp/conference/retreat center profession.
- Outcome Objective: Participants will have opportunities to test ideas and receive feedback freely.
Goal Three - To provide an introduction to self-directed learning and the participants' role in their own professional development process.
- Outcome Objective: Participants will assess their knowledge in the 13 core areas of the organized camp body of knowledge.
- Outcome Objective: Participants will discuss how to continue to acquire information about the body of knowledge and identify self-directed learning opportunities that provide for continuing professional development.
For more information and dates of courses, contact Melany Irvin, mirvin@ACAcamps.org.