- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
New Director Orientation Facilitator Information
Information for NDO Facilitators and Local Office Staff
Thank you for your interest in ACA's New Director Orientation (NDO) course! Please remember to get your course on the ACA Events Calendar as soon as possible!
Use Agreement for NDO materials
I recognize that the New Director Orientation materials constitute intellectual property of the American Camping Association, Inc., and I will not reproduce, forward, use in whole, or part, without written permission from the ACA. Furthermore I agree that should I have an interest in hosting the Course, I will coordinate the offering through and with full approval of my local field/affiliate office of the American Camp Association.
*Hosting Affiliate offices, in exchange for the use of New Director Orientation materials, pay royalty fees, per person at current rate of $35 per ACA member and $45 per non member.
NDO Facilitator's Curriculum and Resources
The NDO curriculum has been updated (March 2013), so be sure to use the most recent version! The NDO curriculum link will take you to the Business Center where you will sign in (so have your user name and password ready) to download the PDF of your new curriculum!
Experienced NDO facilitators will notice these curriculum changes:
- a basic NDO PPT that you are welcome to tweak to fit your course
- many more additional resources for use with your group
- a revamped introduction and summary that reflect ACA's professional development center and the ACA Core Competencies
- significant revisions to the risk management section
- general updating of the other sections
The process of offering the NDO has also changed in the following ways:
- Facilitators and local staff work together to establish the date & get it posted on the ACA Events Calendar
- Local staff will set up the NDO course registration in the CRM
- Facilitators will download the revised NDO curriculm PDF for review and preparation
- Participant evaluations as well as NDO facilitator evaluations are sent to the local office
- The copy of the excel budget template is still returned to the Education Associate in the Administrative Office (Melany Irvin, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Local staff enter in the CRM the list of participants who completed the course and award them 7 CECs
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST!!!