- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
Planning for Risk Management for Your Camp
This course helps directors, owners, administrators, and managers think about their responsibility for making camp a safe and enjoyable experience. This course will discuss the importance of risk management and the ultimate responsibilities of the director and examine the concepts necessary to design or revise their risk management plan including:
- The Risk Management process
- Risk control techniques and intervention points
- Legal liabilities, tort litigation and negligence
- Standards of Care
- Critical parts of the risk management plan
- Emergency and crisis planning
- Handling exposures
- Responsibilities of the person in charge
- Crisis strategies
- Factors that contribute to accidents
- Lessons learned from others
- Risk analysis and evaluation
- Record retention and destruction
Course Length: 1 hour
Course Credit: 1.0 CEC
TWO Purchase Options
Purchase single person access
Price: $25 member; $60 nonmember
Purchase access for multiple persons (up to 50*)
Price: $55 member; $90 nonmember
*Additional learners will be $5 per person member; $28 nonmember. Please contact ACA to place your order for more than 50 learners 800-428-2267 ext. 305.
Please note the following for subscription access:
- You will be required to supply enrollment information for each learner
- The cost of the course allows up to 50 members of your staff to take the course until December 31 of the current year, unless you purchase additional learners. After that time, you/your camp will need to purchase the course again for the following year.
- Your staff may complete the program at their convenience.
Connie Coutellier is an international trainer, consultant, and author. She is a national field executive for Camp Fire USA and a past national president and director of professional development for the American Camp Association. A list of the books she has written includes Camp Is for the Camper, Day Camp from Day One, Management of Risks and Emergencies, and The Outdoor Book. She has more than 15 years of experience as a day and resident camp director in four camps in the USA and one in Malaysia, and over 30years of experience in youth development and outdoor program administration training and development. She has written online training courses, assisted in the writing of the ACA Outdoor Living Skills books, and served as a consultant for both the development of the ACA’s Basic Camp Management book and the curriculum for the ACA and the International Camping Fellowship camp director courses.
You Might Also Like . . .
Prices shown are ACA member prices. First-time members can join ACA for free today.
Business Management and Practices