- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
Promoting Spiritual Development in Camp
For secular and religious camp leaders wanting to promote the spiritual dimension of the whole person. Deepen your understanding of spirituality, appreciate the unique assets of camp in spiritual development, and explore the spiritual potential of your camp’s place, time, and community.
- Clarify their definition of spirituality.
- Recognize the unique spiritual assets in their camp’s setting, programming, and community.
- Develop strategies to promote the spiritual values of their camp.
Course Length: 1 hour
Course Credit: 1.0 CEC
TWO Purchase Options
Purchase single person access
Price: $35 member; $70 nonmember
Purchase access for ten persons (up to 10*)
Price: $55 member; $110 nonmember
Please note the following for subscription access:
- You will be required to provide access information to each learner that will be sent to you upon purchase.
- The cost of the course allows you to buy access to ACA courses in multiples of 10. You can purchase as many sets of ten as you need.
- Your staff may complete the program at their convenience.
Jen Burch believes in the spiritually transformative potential of camp. She serves as Management Consultant for ACA’s Religiously Affiliated Camps (RAC). She holds a Masters of Divinity from the Iliff School of Theology, and B.A. in Psychology from Haverford College. She served as Camp Director/Manager at Flathead Lake United Methodist Camp in Montana, and Pine Lake Camp in Wisconsin, and has been a contributor to New Earth Outdoor Resources ecumenical Christian camp curriculum. She currently serves on the United Methodist National Camp & Retreat Committee. Jen lives in Colorado with her nature-loving husband and son.
Youth and Adult Growth and Development