- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
Critical Things Staff Need to Know about Bullying Prevention
Bullying is here to stay in summer camp and this course is designed to help you be prepared and ready to act this summer as well as between the seasons. Bullying can happen in 4 ways: physical, verbal, relational, and cyberbullying (through technology). You may face some or all of these situations with campers and staff. The way you respond to bullying and role model appropriate behavior sets the stage for a great summer or one that that can lead to very unhappy consequences. The goal for this course is to help you learn the right ways and avoid the wrong ways to manage bullying problems and create a great camp experience for your campers and staff.
At the end of this course particiants will:
- Understand the difference between bullying and normal behavior that may appear to look like bullying.
- Learn who may be the unlikely bully and who may be targeted to help you stay on top of the situation.
- Learn the ways bystanders can and will act to become upstanders amongst your campers and staff to stop bullying behavior.
Course Length: 1 hour
Course Credit: 1.0 CEC
2 Purchase Options
Price: $25 member; $60 nonmember
Purchase access for multiple persons (up to 50*)
Price: $55 member; $90 nonmember
*Additional learners will be $5 per person member; $28 nonmember. Please contact ACA to place your order for more than 50 learners 800-428-2267 ext. 305
Please note the following for subscription access:
- You will be required to supply enrollment information for each learner
- The cost of the course allows up to 50 members of your staff to take the course until December 31 of the current year, unless you purchase additional learners. After that time, you/your camp will need to purchase the course again for the following year.
- Your staff may complete the program at their convenience.
Joel Haber, Ph.D., “The Bullycoach” is a Clinical Psychologist, camp consultant, professional speaker, a member of the LGTextEd.com Council of Experts, and the consultant for Herotopia.com, the first social on-line game where kids create superheroes and learn to deal with bullies. He is a creator of ToolKitsforKids.com helping kids deal with the emotional challenges they face today and winner of 5 major parenting awards. He is the author of the book, "Bullyproof Your Child for Life."
You Might Also Like . . .
Prices shown are ACA member prices. First-time members can join ACA for free today.
Health and Wellness