- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
Critical Things Staff Need to Know about Risk Management
This course helps staff working directly with children and youth think about their responsibility for making it a safe and enjoyable experience. This course will discuss the importance of the counselor’s role and responsibilities with children in their care.
By the end of this course learners will understand the importance of the role that:
- Parents have entrusted you with
- Children look to you for
- Directors have hired you to do
- You have accepted in risk management
- Legally expected of you in providing the Standard of Care
- You have been trained to do in an emergency
Course Length: 1 hour
Course Credit: 1.0 CEC
TWO Purchase Options
Purchase single person access
Price: $35 member; $70 nonmember
Purchase access for Ten persons (up to 10*)
Price: $55 member; $110 nonmember
Please note the following for subscription access:
- You will be required to provide access information to each learner that will be sent to you upon purchase.
- The cost of the course allows you to buy access to ACA courses in multiples of 10. You can purchase as many sets of ten as you need.
- Your staff may complete the program at their convenience.
Connie Coutellier is an international trainer, consultant, and author. She is a national field executive for Camp Fire USA and a past national president and director of professional development for the American Camp Association. A list of the books she has written includes Camp Is for the Camper, Day Camp from Day One, Management of Risks and Emergencies, and The Outdoor Book. She has more than 15 years of experience as a day and resident camp director in four camps in the USA and one in Malaysia, and over 30years of experience in youth development and outdoor program administration training and development. She has written online training courses, assisted in the writing of the ACA Outdoor Living Skills books, and served as a consultant for both the development of the ACA’s Basic Camp Management book and the curriculum for the ACA and the International Camping Fellowship camp director courses.
You Might Also Like . . .
Prices shown are ACA member prices. First-time members can join ACA for free today.