- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
ACA, Evergreen Field Office
ACA, EVERGREEN IS...
The local field office of the American Camp Association in the Northwest. We have 80 camps in Washington, North Idaho, Montana and Alaska.
ACA works to preserve, promote, and improve the camp experience. Our association is committed to helping our members and all camps provide:
- Camp communities committed to a safe, nurturing environment
- Caring, competent adult role models
- Healthy, developmentally appropriate experiences
- Service to the community and the natural world
- Opportunities for leadership and personal growth
- Discovery, experiential education, and learning opportunities
- Excellence and continuous self-improvement
Through the field office of ACA, Evergreen, we offer professional development, camp accreditation, and a variety of member services.
Our ACA-Accredited® camps and summer programs in Washington, Montana, Alaska and Idaho offer a wide-variety of activities in stunningly beautiful locations; where mountains meet oceans, where high deserts meet rainforests, and where the buffalo roam and the salmon spawn. Our camp kids population and their outdoor and educational activity interests are just as diverse as the natural environments in which we PLAY!
WHAT'S HAPPENING in ACA, Evergreen
Courses, Dates, and Rates:
USA Archery Level 1 Instructor
Saturday June 8th
9:00am - 4:00pm
Cost includes certification, lunch and a light snack
Maximum of 16 participants
***11 Spaces left***
Challenge Course Facilitator Level 1 - High Ropes, Low Ropes, and Climbing Wall
Full Course - $295/Member, $310/Non-Member
Low Ropes Only - $55/Member, $65/Non-Member
Climbing Wall Only - $55/Member, $65/Non-Member
Thursday June 6th - Sunday June 9th
9:00am Thursday - 6:00pm Sunday
Cost includes certification, overnight accomodations for 3 nights and meals Thurs-Sun
You may register for Climbing Wall and Low Ropes independently or the inclusive course
Minimum of 6 participants
ARC Small Craft Safety
Saturday June 8th
9:00am - 6:00pm
Cost includes certification, lunch, and a light snack
Some pre-work may be required
Lifeguard Training - UPDATE: Waterfront module IS available for a small additional fee (approx. $10)
ACA is not offering a course but Marysville pool is expecting ACA participants
June 1-2 AND June 8
To register contact Mark Verbon at 360-653-0609 and mention you are with ACA
Cost includes certification - accomodation is available at Camp Killoqua if necessary - contact Pearl James at 360-652-6250
Accreditation Visits are well under way! Visit our Accreditation page for Resources and tools to support your visit.
Interested in being a Visitor? Visit ACA's volunteer page to learn more!
- Challenge Course Training, May 27-28 - Alaska, Birchwood Camp, contact email@example.com
- Small Craft Safety Course, May 24-26 - Alaska, contact Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Small Craft Safety and Canoe Instructor Course, June 2 and June 9 - Carnation, WA - More Information
- SpringSkills Training Weekend, June 6-9, 2013 - Camp Killoqua, Register HERE
- ACA's Professional Development Center offers ongoing training, courses, certifications, and more with discounts to members. See what opportunities are available now!
- Visit www.acacamps.org/oregontrail for additional opportunities
If you have a training opportunity to offer ACA, Evergreen members, email email@example.com to have it posted here.