- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
ACA Evergreen, Membership
What is the American Camp Association, Evergreen?
ACA, Evergreen is a membership based professional camp organization dedicated to enriching the lives of children and adults though camp experiences available in Montana, Alaska, Washington, and Idaho.
Who are the members of ACA, Evergreen?
Summer camp directors, summer camp staff, college students, retired professionals, program administrators, school counselors, camp parents, camp business affiliates and more are represented in our ACA, Evergreen membership; a large variety of camps, schools, businesses, individuals and organizations spread throughout the pacific nw and western US in MT, WA, ID, and AK.
New Member Camp category - just launched - be one of the first!
ACA, Inc offers a new Member Camp option for membership and launches a pilot program for the first year. ACA, Evergreen has been selected to participate in the pilot and with the help of its enthusiastic volunteers and your dedicated Local Leadership, we're excited to go full speed ahead, welcoming new camps to ACA, Evergreen.
What is a Member Camp?
ACA aims to meet each camp's individual needs by providing a variety of tools and resources for camps to access. A Member Camp, different from an Accredited Camp, is a member of ACA who is provided access to the many resources and tools ACA has to offer and chooses not to participate in the Standards Accreditation program.
Why have a Member Camp option?
ACA recognizes that in order to meet our goal of providing 20 Million Campers with high quality camp programs by 2020, we need to ensure that more camps are provided with the support needed to build and maintain high quality programs. By opening our doors to a wider variety of camps and camp-like programs, and meeting their needs, we are ultimately meeting our goal of serving the most campers with the best programs.
How does this benefit me?
With the addition of new camps ACA, Evergreen will have an opportunity to offer more services and support to its members. And, we all learn from each other so more members means more opportunity for growth.
How can I help?
If you know of a camp or camp-like program that may be intersted in becoming a member of ACA, contact membership chair, Megan Raymond at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What local camp services in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, and Washington does ACA, Evergreen offer?
- A Close-Knit Membership Community that is active, friendly and supportive of each other in finding summer camp staff help, answering camp related questions and addressing local public policy issues.
- Camp Accreditation Courses offered locally with personal support for the camp accreditation process from local Evergreen members on our member reference list.
- Camp Staff Courses offered locally such as Basic Camp Director Course, Standards Course, Camp Visitors Course, and more.
- See our Evergreen Events Calendar for more local camp events, camp conferences, camp meetings, and camp social gatherings.
Yes, I Want to Join ACA, Evergreen! (pssst, the first year is free!)
If you want to join the American Camp Association and your summer camp, kids program, camp staff or camp related product operates or has business in MT, AK, WA or ID… JOIN US!
Topics of Interest to Our Members
- ACA Camper Scholarship Program. Own or work at a private, for-profit camp? Would you like a way for alumni and other donors to contribute to a scholarship program specifically for your camp and receive a tax-deduction? Learn more.
- Teaching Leave No Trace practices to your campers this summer? Check out this grant-giving fund specifically for PEAK materials that teach LNT to summer camp campers. Grant Opportunities for Camps - Environmental Stewardship.