Changing the lives of children, youth, and families requires cooperative effort. Your support is critical, as ACA could not effectively serve 5 million campers without the involvement of our partners, sponsors, and strategic relationships. By supporting ACA, you are helping us achieve our 20/20 Vision, a goal to serve 20 million children through the camp experience by 2020.
Camp is important for healthy child development, and involvement in the camp experience contributes to five major outcomes in children:
- Health and Wellness: Promoting physical activity, reducing childhood obesity, and encouraging healthy lifestyles.
- Environmental Stewardship: Equipping young people with the attitudes, knowledge, and skills they need to be stewards of the environment today and green leaders of tomorrow.
- Team Building and Leadership: Helping children learn to overcome obstacles and to believe in their own prospects for success.
- Workforce Development: Helping young people set goals, learn responsibility, develop interpersonal skills, and develop an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Academic Enrichment: Reducing summer learning loss by preparing children for learning, engaging them experientially, and encouraging them to think critically.
Research shows that camp enables significant growth in confidence and self-esteem, relationship and friendship skills, and independence and responsibility — and this is no more deeply experienced than among at-risk children. During the summer when school is out and many children are left unsupervised and disengaged, camp provides an environment with appropriate boundaries, structure and expectations, and hands-on learning opportunities — the building blocks for a successful life.
- Why Partner with the American Camp Association?
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Partner and Sponsor Levels
- Strategic Relationships
Special thanks to ACA Mission Partner, Markel Insurance.