March 2016 refresh of Find a Camp
- What's new?
- It has a responsive design so it is designed to work well on mobile devices as well as computers.
- The visual look has been refreshed to more appealing, more functional, and matches the design of ACA’s main website.
- Camps may now upload larger photos (up to 10 - see below for details).
- Based upon past usage data, the activities area has been simplified. After a parent chooses whether they want to search multiple activities or if they are primarily focused on one activity, the multiple activity list is a simple list. In the previous version, there were 3 levels for each activity (recreational, instructional, or intense/competitive). This will be simpler for parents and easier for camps to mark their choices.
- Navigation to related areas are much easier with a top navigation bar, links/images on the home page, and the footer.
- My camp's logo or photo looks distorted. How can I fix?
With the previous Find a Camp, we heard from camps that the camp's photos were too small. So you may now upload bigger images with the following dimensions:
- Camp logo: width 160 pixels x height 106 pixels (maximum file size of 2 MB).
- Camp photos: width 800 pixels x height 372 pixels (up to 10 may be uploaded - maximum file size of 2 MB).
Adding or editing my camp
- Is there a cost to list my camp?
No. ACA wants as many children as possible to have a camp experience, and we believe that the new Find a Camp will help parents find an awesome camp for their child(ren).
- My camp is NOT ACA-accredited. How do I add my camp?
Log into ACA's Customer Service Center. If you don't have ACA login information, then click "Create New Contact" to create a record for yourself. You can add the camp while creating your new contact record.
- What if I don't know all the details about my programs and sessions yet (e.g., dates, cost, etc.)?
We recommend entering all the details that you already know. When you finalize the details, you can add that information to your programs and sessions.
- How can I edit my camp name and/or Web site address?
E-mail the updates to Tom Schenk or call ACA at 800-428-2267.
- How long will it take to enter information about my camp?
It depends on how many programs you have and how detailed they are. We estimate 5-10 minutes per program. If you have two similar programs, you can copy the original program and make necessary modifications to the copied program.
- I am responsible for many camps. How can I add many camps?
For a camp to be listed on ACA's new Find a Camp, it must first be created in ACA's database. Download this Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, fill it out and save on your computer, then e-mail it to Tom Schenk and we'll help get the basics of the camps in our database. Then, you'll be able to see the basics of those camps in the new Find a Camp and you can enter the remaining data.
- Can you send me a paper form to enter my camp's information?
In the new Find a Camp we built an online tool to allow you to update your camp's information in real-time; anytime you want. Since there is so much information to collect, using paper forms isn't practical. Your programs and sessions can be added or modified online anytime, however.
- Are camps outside the U.S. listed?
There are some camps outside the U.S. with a listing in Find a Camp. They can be found with any of the search criteria except location. There is also a listing of ACA member camps outside the U.S. by location.
- How do I login?
Log into ACA's Customer Service Center. Then click the link to Find a Camp. Be sure you are using your individual ACA login credentials (not the ACA camp number).
- Who can login to add/edit my listing?
By default, only the person in ACA's database designated as the "primary contact" of the camp can add or make edits. If you want to allow other staff at your camp the ability to add or edit your camp's listing, please fill out the Find a Camp editor form.