- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
Nature Education: Did You Know?
Nature Education Resources
- While we have seen a 10% increase in camps that offer environmental education programs, we have seen a 7,875% increase in camps that specialize in environmental education programs since 2001.
- Camps are becoming increasingly "green," and are using green facilities, recycling programs, and other conservation efforts to educate campers.
- Many camps are "going green" by building structures with partially recycled materials.
- Many camps create energy-efficient buildings, and will even seal off parts of the building during the winter so that they do not have to heat the whole building, therefore conserving energy.
- Many camps attempt to transport their campers in a more environmentally-friendly fashion. For instance, biodiesel-fueled buses used to transport campers are gaining in popularity.