- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
Individuals: What Can ACA Do for You?
ACA brings you tools, networks, and exceptional learning resources. ACA members benefit from shared and collective knowledge, insights, experiences, and connections. As an ACA individual member, you will enjoy the following:
- Enhanced personal credibility and professionalism within the camp and youth development communities.
- Access to resources to enhance or maintain high quality programs and services.
- Access to education related to the only nationally recognized accreditation program for day and resident camps, comprised of health and safety standards recognized in courts of law.
- Opportunity to build professionalism among associated camp staff and to develop high-functioning camp staff teams through ACA resources such as the staff-focused issue of Camping Magazine, the ACA Bookstore, The CampLine newsletter.
- An improved ability to communicate the value of the camp experience to parents, staff, campers, the media, funders, legislators, and other stakeholders.
- Access to professional networks including online social networks, discussion boards, and a listserv established for camp professionals.
- Access to crisis communications and risk management planning tools for superior crisis response.
- Access to savings on e-Institute courses and webinars, conferences and other educational offerings, bookstore purchases, as well as on services offered by ACA and by camp-related businesses.
- Access to camp-related public policy and state/federal legislative information; the advantage of ACA‘s advocacy on your behalf.
- Access to systematic, scientific research to take an evidenced-based approach to decision making.