Do you know a camp professional who deserves recognition for all that they do? Nominations are now open for the ACA National Awards Program!
Since 1965, the ACA National Awards have paid tribute to those who make extraordinary contributions to the advancement of the camp movement and the American Camp Association.
Presented at the 2017 ACA National Conference in Albuquerque, NM, these awards highlight those individuals and programs who have gone above and beyond to highlight the importance of camp through professional and personal efforts. These awards are as follows:
- The Distinguished Service Award — The highest honor afforded to an ACA member. Awardees are known for outstanding service in their field, exemplifying service, research, teaching, or administration, and noteworthy leader within the American Camp Association.
- The Hedley S. Dimock Award — Awarded to persons who have made significant impacts to the camp profession through related fields.
- The Jack Weiner Leadership Award — Awarded in support of a young person who is pursuing a career in the camp field. This award provides winners with financial support in attending and participating at the ACA National Conference.
- The Marge Scanlin Award — Awarded for outstanding student research in the field of camp and youth development.
- The National Service Award — Awarded to recognize those who offer continued and increasing service at the national level.
- The National Honor Award — Recognizes meritorious service in the camp industry.
- The Special Recognition Award — Given to honor groups, organizations, and individuals for efforts to promote camp on a national level.
The Eleanor P. Eells Award for Program Excellence and the Eleanor P. Eells Award for Excellence in Research Practices are also presented at the conference, as well as The Golden Quill and Golden Lens awards in recognition of exceptional photography and writing for Camping Magazine.
The deadline for nominations is October 26.