ACA's Associate Visitor course helps participants identify the purpose and structure of ACA's accreditation program. Participants also learn the steps of the process at the camp, local, and national levels. This course stresses the awareness and that the ACA standards represent accepted practices of organized camping.
• Become familiar with the legal implications of visitor actions
• Learn the importance of information and making compliance decision
• Learn the importance of consistently applying the standards in a variety of situations
• At least twenty-one years of age
• A current ACA member
• Must have completed the Standards course
• Submit an application endorsed by their local ACA office.
• Complete an online pre-course (approx. 2 hours) prior to the in person course.
There is no charge to the participant for this course. Dinner, lodging, breakfast and Lunch will be provided.