- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
ACA, Oregon Trail Field Office
ACA, OREGON TRAIL is the local field office of the American Camp Association. We have 40 camps in Oregon and Southern Idaho and offer professional development, camp accreditation, and a variety of member services.
ACA works to preserve, promote, and improve the camp experience. Our association is committed to helping our members and all camps provide:
• Camp communities committed to a safe, nurturing environment
• Caring, competent adult role models
• Healthy, developmentally appropriate experiences
• Service to the community and the natural world
• Opportunities for leadership and personal growth
• Discovery, experiential education, and learning opportunities
• Excellence and continuous self-improvement
JOIN US! For one of the following UPCOMING EVENTS
Portland area - Monthly Luncheons
- Monday February 24th
- Monday March 17th
- Monday April 28th ***Special Edition Luncheon*** Professional Development and Membership Meeting - Save the Date! More info to follow
NEW! Idaho area - Monthly Luncheons
Beginning in March, every 2nd Tuesday through May, all camp professionals are invited to attend a relaxed meeting over good food with good company. This is a great opportunity to network with other camps, share important resources, and leave feeling rejuvenated knowing that there are others dealing with the same challenges and successes that you are.
- March 11, 2014 at 12:30pm – The Ram Restaurant and Brewery (709 E Park Blvd, Boise, 83712)
- April 8, 2014 at 12:30pm – Flying Pie Pizzaria (6508 Fairview Ave, Boise, 83704)
- May 13, 2014 at 12:30pm – Buffalo Wild Wings (3223 E. Louise Dr, Meridian, 83642 – Eagle Road off I-84 just past St. Luke’s Meridian)
Shake Up Your Staff Training!
with Kim Aycock
- March 13-14, 2014
- Camp Solomon Schechter - Olympia, WA
- Cost of registration includes program, lodging, and meals
- Register HERE
This is where the camp world and love of teaching come together! Kim Aycock, MST, has 25+ years in year-round and seasonal summer camp positions and as a middle/ high school and college level educator. Kim teaches with sensitivity, creativity, and enthusiasm and has the ability to connect with and motivate learners of all ages.
Learn more about Kim Aycock HERE.
Spring Leadership Conference, ACA Southern California/Hawaii
- April 1-4, 2014
- Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel
- Palm Springs, CA
- Did you attend the Fall Education Event? Your staff qualify to join the ACA, Oregon Trail group rate! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Learn more about the program HERE
- ACA's Professional Development Center offers ongoing training, courses, certifications, and more with discounts to members. See what opportunities are available now