- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
ACA, Oregon Trail Field Office
ACA, OREGON TRAIL is the local field office of the American Camp Association. We have 40 camps in Oregon and Southern Idaho and offer professional development, camp accreditation, and a variety of member services.
ACA works to preserve, promote, and improve the camp experience. Our association is committed to helping our members and all camps provide:
• Camp communities committed to a safe, nurturing environment
• Caring, competent adult role models
• Healthy, developmentally appropriate experiences
• Service to the community and the natural world
• Opportunities for leadership and personal growth
• Discovery, experiential education, and learning opportunities
• Excellence and continuous self-improvement
Fall Education Event, 2013
Growth, Site, and Facilities
Just one week away and it's not too late to REGISTER!
- $130/Member, $145/Non-Member (visit www.acaoregontrail.org to learn about becoming a member FREE for the first year)
- GROUP RATE - Three or more from your organization - receive a $10 discount per person attending
- Join an ACA, Oregon Trail group registration to the Spring Leadership Conference in ACA, Southern California and Hawaii, just for attending the Fall Education Event!
It's not too late to participate in this annual event featuring professional development, networking, and community building. View a full schedule below and visit http://ymcacw.org/locations/ymca-camp-collins to learn more about our hosting site, Camp Collins.
REVISED & UPDATED SCHEDULE
5:00pm - 8:00pm - Registration Open
8:00am - 9:00am - Breakfast
8:00am - 9:30am - Registration
9:45am - Welcome, Introductions, Housekeeping
10:00am - 12:00pm - ACA Marketing Director, Angela Ambrosini - Marketing Plans & the Value of Camp building
12:00pm - Lunch
1:00pm - 3:00pm - Hands on and site specific social media and marketing support
3:00pm - 3:30pm - Break
3:30pm - 5:00pm - Gary Forster (www.garyforster.com) Eight Hallmarks of Great Camps
5:30pm - Dinner, Awards and Recognition
6:30pm - 8:00pm - Building our local network and addressing challenges - round table discussions
8:00pm - Snacks and games available for evening down time
8:00am - 8:45am - Breakfast
9:00am - 12:00pm - Gary Forster's How to Eat an Elephant and This Old Camp
12:00pm - Wrap up and Goodbye
12:30pm - 6:00pm - Standards Course and Update
FREE Membership for the first year! Get your Coupon Code HERE and join ACA today!
ACA, Inc offers a Standards Accreditation program to help camps ensure they are meeting industry standards in Health, Safety, and Program Quality. Accredited camps go through an intensive peer review process and meet up to 250 standards. Learn more at www.acacamps.org/accreditation. Standards Visitors and Camps, visit Oregon Trail's Accreditation page.
- Fall Education Event - November 7-8, 2013 with Gary Forster presenting "The Eight Hallmarks of Great Camps" and "How to Eat an Elephant, camp facility priorities one bite at a time" and ACA Marketing Director, Angela Ambrosini. REGISTER TODAY!
- ACA's Professional Development Center offers ongoing training, courses, certifications, and more with discounts to members. See what opportunities are available now