- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
ACA, Oregon Trail Field Office
ACA, OREGON TRAIL is the local field office of the American Camp Association. We have 40 camps in Oregon and Southern Idaho and offer professional development, camp accreditation, and a variety of member services.
ACA works to preserve, promote, and improve the camp experience. Our association is committed to helping our members and all camps provide:
• Camp communities committed to a safe, nurturing environment
• Caring, competent adult role models
• Healthy, developmentally appropriate experiences
• Service to the community and the natural world
• Opportunities for leadership and personal growth
• Discovery, experiential education, and learning opportunities
• Excellence and continuous self-improvement
JOIN US! For one of the following UPCOMING EVENTS
Fall Education Event, 2014 - Master Plans and Meal Plans
**NEW** Vendor & Sponsor Opportunities - join us for the vendor lunch or sponsor an event! - REGISTRATION FORM
Early Bird deadline extended to September 1st
- November 5-6, 2014 - the option to stay overnight November 4th is available
- YMCA Camp Collins, Gresham, OR
- Greg Copeland of Domokur Architects and Doug Macy of Walker Macy present on the steps of master planning, what's been done, and how to keep your plan alive and relevant.
- Louise Tippens of Camp Blue Spruce helps us understand and decifer the many dietary restrictions and food allergies facing the camp community today.
- Barry Sims on forestry - balancing income and forest health
- A special take home to help you prepare for the summer!
- View a full schedule HERE
- Cost (includes program, lodging, and meals)
Tuesday-Thursday - $155/member and $175/non-member (early bird discount through June 30th!)
Wednesday-Thursday - $125/member and $145/non-member
Wednesday only - $55/member and $75/non-member
Thursday only - $55/member and $75/non-member
Thursday night (for those staying for the Standards Course) - $35
Forest Health and Safety - Assessing your local forestry needs
Thank you to our hosts, presenters, volunteers, and participants for making this event a great success! Below are a document and follow up links that supplement the conversation:
Portland area - Monthly Luncheons
We'll meet again in September - have a safe and fun summer!
Idaho area - Monthly Luncheons
We'll meet again in October - have a safe and fun summer!
- ACA's Professional Development Center offers ongoing training, courses, certifications, and more with discounts to members. See what opportunities are available now