- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
Oregon Trail Awards
ACA, Oregon Trail recognizes the ourstanding work and programming innovation of individuals and camps through the presentation of two service awards.
Congratulations to this year's award recipients! Thank you for all you do for the field of camping.
- Phyllis M. Ford Award: Camp Blue Spruce - www.campbluespruce.org
- Service Award: Lisa Jean Hoefner
The Frank M. “Scotty” Washburn Award for Outstanding Service is given to an individual or team.
To qualify for nomination, the candidate must:
1) Be known for his/her outstanding service and leadership in the profession of organized camping.
2) Exemplify the best in service, research, teaching, administration, fund development, mentorship and/or leadership within the organized camping profession.
3) Have been a member of the American Camping Association for a minimum of two years.
The Phyllis M. Ford Award for Creative Programming is given to an ACA camp or program.
To qualify for nomination, the program must have documented evidence of the development of effective, creative responses to the needs of people using the camp environment. Examples may include, but are not limited to:
1) Integrating campers of various physical abilities, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, religion, home environment, etc.
2) Developing a program for a camping population not previously marketed to.
3) Creating innovative and effective youth, adult and/or staff development programs.
4) Addressing emerging needs of children and teenagers in innovative and effective ways.
Individuals or camps may be nominated by completing an Awards Nomination Form are returning it to the address indicated on the form. Nomination deadline is the first of October. Contact Amy Katzenburger at email@example.com for more information.
ACA also honors excellence in service and innovation through it’s own awards program. For more information follow this link. ACA Awards Program.