A Commitment to Serve
20 Million Children by the Year 2020
A Robust Vision Critical to the Future
- What is ACA’s 20/20 Vision? 
We must advocate for children, youth, and families. Yes, we are camp professionals, but even more importantly, we are advocates for quality, developmental experiences for children, youth, and families.
- The Strength of Many Voices: Children, Youth, and Families Need to Hear Yours , by Peg Smith
Today, ACA is possibly facing the most critical need in its history to facilitate a powerful transformation.
- Video: Peg's Keynote Address at the 2008 National Conference 
- The Power of the Experience , by Peg Smith
Those who have experienced camp first-hand or observed the benefits that camp provides others, more often than not, describe the experience as "life saving."
- 20/20 Context  (Our Preferred Future)
- Brutal Truths PowerPoint 
- Brutal Truths II PowerPoint 
Roadmap to Our Vision
Overview and Description Documents
- 20/20 Chronology 
- 20/20 Puzzle Graphic  (PDF) — The graphic is specifically designed to illustrate the unique complexities of the 20/20 Vision. Each piece of the puzzle represents a different initiative that is underway at ACA.
- 20/20 Initiatives  — Descriptions of all 20/20 initiatives and projects are continually updated online for your reference.
- ACA Master Plan 
- ACA' s "owners" 
- Strategic Roadmap 
- Building a Desired Future: A Unified, Healthy Professional Association 
- 20/20 Vision Update: Accomplishments, Next Steps, and Important Dates  — November 23, 2009
- 20/20 Vision Update  — November 3, 2009
- 20/20 Vision Fiscal Information Update  — October 20, 2009
- 20/20 Vision Update  — October 2, 2009
- 20/20 Vision Update  — May 5, 2009
- Communications to Sections 
Resources and Data
- Questions for ACA National about Transition 
- Conversation Starter per Working Relationships 
- ACA Section Roll-up Checklist 
- ACA Stages of Unification 
- Western Meeting 
- National Collaborations  — business partnerships and educational alliances
- Types of Partnerships 
- Section Responses to Questions in the Brutal Truths II presentation
- Data Maps 
- Map  Your Community Demographics and Resources
- Camping Magazine’s 20/20 Toolbox 
Questions or comments? E-mail the Task Force .