Media Tip from the American Camp Association
July 10, 2009
When Tradition Meets Technology
For nearly 150 years, camp has been an American tradition. And for almost 100 years, parents have turned to the American Camp Association® (ACA) to answer camp questions – how to choose a camp, what to pack, how to prepare for camp, how to keep in touch with campers, and many more.
As one of the nation's leading child and youth development resources, ACA works with families to answer questions, provide information, and offer expert advice about the camp experience. And now, it is easier than ever.
- Follow ACA on Twitter  – Families can now follow @ACACampParents  on Twitter.com to receive daily updates, helpful links, and tips about the camp experience. In addition, parents can contact ACA directly through Twitter to ask specific questions.
- Find ACA on Facebook  – ACA's Facebook  page offers families the same helpful information and links. In addition, families visit www.facebook.com/becauseofcamp  and become a fan of ACA's Because of Camp…™ PSA video  and share how their lives have changed "Because of Camp…™".
- Visit CampParents.org  – By visiting www.CampParents.org , ACA's parent resource site, families can find expert advice, resources and links, information on planning for camp, videos, and ACA's Find A Camp  search, which allows families to search ACA's 2,400 accredited camps for one that best suits their needs.
- Sign up for Camp e-News  – Through CampParents.org, parents can sign-up to receive Camp e-News , ACA's bi-monthly parent e-newsletter on child and youth development, the camp experience, and timely issues concerning today's families. Archived issues of Camp e-News are also available on the site.
- Don't forget to call – Perhaps one of the most tried-and-true technologies available, families can always reach ACA by telephone. Families with specific questions can call 1.800.428.CAMP to reach the national office, or contact one of twenty-four local offices  nationwide. You can find your local office by visiting www.acacamps.org/about/offices.php .
For more information on how your family can connect with ACA, or for camp information and expert advice, visit ACA's parent resource site at www.CampParents.org .
Contact Public Relations at 765.349.3317 or pr@ACAcamps.org  to interview an ACA spokesperson  or for more information about the essential camp experience. For customizable public service announcements  or article reprints , visit our Media Center at www.ACAcamps.org/media .
The American Camp Association® (ACA) works to preserve, promote, and enhance the camp experience for children and adults. ACA-Accredited® camp programs ensure that children are provided with a diversity of educational and developmentally challenging learning opportunities. There are over 2,400 ACA-accredited camps that meet up to 300 health and safety standards. For more information, visit www.ACAcamps.org .