The American Camp Association (ACA) continues its signature research efforts into the business of camp operations. This Camp Salary Information was gathered in the fall of 2006 in a survey of 1,797 camp owners and operators who were randomly selected based on stratified sampling to represent the almost 2,700 camps affiliated with the American Camp Association. A 52 percent response rate helps the reader understand:
- Current salaries of full-time and seasonal camp employees as stratified by
- Day and resident operations
- Camps sponsored by agencies, religious organizations, independent nonprofits and independent for-profits
- Camps from all regions of the U.S.A.
- Benefits provided to year-round and seasonal staff and their cash value
- Director salaries segmented by tenure in position, education, age, and gender
- Expected salary increases for 2007
This report contains the latest salary information for day camps and resident camps across the U.S. and is the most comprehensive study of salaries for camp personnel available to the industry. Two sets of information are provided for both day and resident camps:
In addition to this salary study, information from the ACA Camp Business Operations Report: 2006  may be of interest.