Access the latest information on legislative and regulatory issues facing the camp community on ACA’s Web site – the knowledge center of the camp community. More information available  for:
- Recreational Camp Safety Act (Shays Bill)
- Camp use of public lands
- Social security numbers and international staff
- Criminal background checks for staff
- INS plans for fees for non-immigrant foreign students
- Transportation of children
- New bunk bed manufacture regulations
ACA’s Public Policy Committee works with ACA staff and APCO Associates Inc., a Washington DC team of government relations professionals, to lead ACA efforts in the legislative arena.
Originally published in the 2000 Spring issue of The CampLine.