President Obama spoke on 2/16/11 about the America's Great Outdoors Initiative. Watch the speech here: President Obama on America's Great Ourdoors Initiative .
Access the full America's Great Outdoors Report 
On April 16, 2010, President Obama launched a national dialogue on conservation and reconnecting Americans to the outdoors named “America’s Great Outdoors.” As part of the initiative, the U.S. Department of the Interior (DOI), U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and the White House Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ)conducted public listening sessions on land conservation, recreation, and reconnecting people to the outdoors.
- America’s Great Outdoors Initiative 
- View and Use ACA's Key Messages about the Federal Budget and Environmental Literacy 
- Listening Sessions - All were completed in 2010.
- Read President Obama's Conference Remarks 
- Presidential Memo: A 21st Century Strategy for America's Great Outdoors 
- Read the AGO Press Release 
- Submit Your Ideas & Join the Conversation 
- Read Highlighted Comments 
- Twitter with hashtag #usago - America's Great Outdoors
- Watch the America's Great Outdoors video 
Watch the Video from a June 2010 Listening Session!
Hear what Interior Secretary Ken Salazar had to say to participants. Video Link 
American Camp Association Resources
- ACA's Public Policy Position Statement on Children and Nature 
- No Child Left Inside Act - Provisions and Programs
- Federal Funding for Children's Issues - Data and Key Messages
- Green Spoken Here pro-environmental pledge program  for families and camp groups
- Camp2Grow  leadership and environmental stewardship program
- Nature Education Resources 
- Ways to Get Involved in the Children and Nature Movement
- Affinity for Nature youth outcome scale 
- Connecting Children and Nature online course for youth professionals
- Towards the Tipping Point- Tools and Strategies for the Camp Community (PDF )
Related American Camp Association Partners