Below is the link to the reviewed/revised/reformatted standards for what, in the current Accreditation Process Guide, are the Human Resources Standards (HR).
- Re-organization of standards into general topic areas (ex: all standards that deal with “Staff Training” are grouped together).
- HR-1 Director Qualifications now requires some written documentation.
- HR-1C Professional Development requirements is revised to better match ACA’s Professional Development Center.
- HR-4 Staff Screening: Is split into two standards. CURRENT NUMBERS: HR-4 Screening for all staff and HR-5 Screening for New Staff.
- HR-9 Camper Supervision Ratios and HR-10 Staff Age Requirements have been reorganized into CURRENT NUMBERS. HR-8 Camper Supervision Ratios and Staff Age and HR-9 Supervision Ratio Exceptions.
- HR20 (Current HR-21) Staff Observation now requires written documentation.
- OLD HR-18 Supervision of staff deleted, now included in current HR-20 Supervisor Training.
- OLD HR-5A Diversity (recruitment of staff whose racial or ethnic diversity match that of the camper population). While ACA feels diversity of all types is critical to have in the camp community, we also felt it needs to be addressed through various other avenues.
- OLD HR-21: Staff Time Off.
- What’s been Added?
- Currently numbered HR-18 Staff Bullying.
Please note: Once all revisions/reformatting have been completed, all standards will be assigned the appropriate number.