Camp is an action-packed adventure — so it’s no wonder that campers can become a little tired, moody, or grumpy at the thought of the camp season ending and having to say goodbye to their friends.
Use these 4 tips to help campers beat the “end of camp blues”:
- Remind campers that they’ll miss camp because they had fun — and that feeling is normal.
- Encourage campers to reconnect with friends at home and let them know the importance of sharing camp experiences and stories with those friends.
- Tell them to watch for or plan local reunions and get-togethers where they can connect with friends from camp.
- Explain that they can stay in touch with camp friends. Have them exchange addresses, e-mails, or phone numbers.
Before using these tips, make sure you know the rules about connecting with your campers after camp.
- If your camp’s policy does not allow you to communicate with campers after the season is over, make sure you do not give out your contact information.
- If your camp has social media policies , make sure you and your campers are following those rules, too.
Now go out and enjoy these last few weeks of camp!
Photo courtesy of Camp Westminster on Higgins Lake.