ACA, Texoma is looking for volunteers, looking for people who want to make a contribution to the camp industry by serving on committees, task force groups, as visitors in the accreditation program and on the ACA, Texoma Leadership Council.
What are the benefits of service to the camp community?
Most individuals who already serve know perfectly well what they are doing and why they want to continue doing it. However, there are others who are too shy to join a board or who need someone else to tell them why it makes sense. Here are some reasons why people join ... from boardsource.org:
- They know their skills are needed.
- A nonprofit is going to improve and will benefit from their contributions.
- There is a possibility to effect change in an organization.
- They will feel good by doing good.
- They enjoy collaborating with interesting people who have the same interests and values.
- They want to learn new skills.
- They enjoy being recognized for their efforts.
- They want to give back to the community.
- They have found a new reason to live productively.
- They want to have an impact.
- It can be fun.
If this speaks to you, speak to us about opportunities to serve: