Hanging out with kids all day as a camp counselor can be pretty amazing. But doing your job well means you need to be prepared!
In ACA's Entry-Level Program Staff Certificate of Added Qualification (CAQ) course, you will learn the foundation of being a great counselor. Topics covered include:
- What is youth development?
- How do you develop a program plan?
- Why is evaluation important?
- How do you prevent bullying?
- How can you best handle emergencies?
- What can you do to form strong bonds with coworkers and participants?
- And more
Show your boss that you want to be a great employee! You earn 15 continuing education credits for participation in the course, and it's online, so you can complete it at your own pace BEFORE camp even starts!
All CAQs are based on ACA's 13 core competencies , which are the guideposts of great camp experiences — so you know you're getting the best in education. Learn more about all of the CAQ courses.