Please contact us to post your training today!
NOTE: Staff training opportunities litsted on this page are for information only. They are not sponsored or endorsed by ACA, Northland
Camp Amnicon is hosting a Wilderness Water Safety course on May 31-June 1; staff from other camps are invited to attend. The full cost is $239, and includes food and lodging for two nights. Contact Bethany at firstname.lastname@example.org  to register.
Eric Tackett of Waterski Works (waterskiworks.com ) will be in the Central Minnesota area for a 1 day training! 90% of the time is spent on the water. Participants learn from hands on and watching other participants.
Dates: June 4 or 5 depending on the interest – Each person would do 1 day.
Place: Camp Foley (Crosslake, MN)
Cost: Approximately $265/driver (this would cover the class, meals, overnight accommodations if you want them here at Foley, gas, boat use, everything). May be less if we can get a lot of people. Won’t be more.
Contact: Alli Faricy (email@example.com  or 218-543-6161)
Northern Tier (Ely, MN) will be offering a Wilderness First Aid course on 5/31-6/1 for our staff. Others are welcome to participate, the cost of the course is $65 per person which includes meals. If lodging is needed it would be an additional $5 per person per night in rustic primitive cabins. Please call 218-365-4811 if you are interested.
YMCA Camps Manito-wish , Menogyn , and Widjiwagan  are again teaming up to host the only Risk Management event specifically designed for outdoor educators in the Midwest. This event will ensure that you are keeping up with the latest risk management practices in the industry and provide the opportunity to network with fellow adventure educators in the region.
Whether you work in the for-profit, non-profit, or education field, we want you to join us and make this conference a success again in 2014. The more we collaborate the more we are prepared to manage risks.
Attendees of the 2013 Midwest Risk Management Symposium provided significantly positive feedback:
- “Great conversations and presentations. I liked hearing the thought processes of others in the outdoor industry. A very helpful conference. Thanks!”
- “This was a phenomenal symposium, an excellent opportunity for positive discourse and relevant, current information. Thanks!”
- “I thought this was a great experience – so glad I attended.”
- “Please host this symposium again – I will definitely come back and recommend it.”
October 27th at 4:00pm to October 29th at 3:30pm
Camp Ihduhapi – Loretto, MN
- Sessions all day Tuesday through Wednesday morning
- Opening Address Monday evening
- Keynote panel Wednesday afternoon
- 2 Nights Stay at Camp Ihduhapi
- 6 Meals (Monday Dinner – Wednesday Lunch)
- Snacks and refreshments