Immediate Corrective Action Process
Visitors MUST complete an ICA notice form for any missed mandatory standards (even if they are resolved during the course of the visit). Please note the ICA procedure:
- ONLY for missed mandatory standards
- Allows documents to be created to meet the standard
- ANY and all documentation gets sent to the ACA national/administrative office, who will forward to the correct people
ICA Completion Steps
- Mark the missed mandatory standard "No" and include a comment on the score form.
- Complete the ICA notice form.
- Specify action required to come into compliance with the standard. (Sample corrections : You will need your ACA individual member number and password to access this document.) It is recommended that you print this and keep it in your Accreditation Process Guide for reference.
- Specify the documentation required to verify action taken.
- Explain the action and documentation required to verify action to the director.
- Have all parties sign the form; leave a copy with the camp director.
- Mail the ICA form along with the score form immediately following the visit.
- Camp completes action and sends verification to ACA national/administrative office within ten days.
The 72-Hour Rule is very different than, and not to be confused with, the ICA process. The 72-Hour Rule is a courtesy that may be extended to a camp as an option for the director to get his or her hands on missing documentation. The 72-Hour Rule may only be used for standards that require written documentation that can be verified to already be in existence but for some inexplicable reason is not present at the time of the visit.
To extend the courtesy of the 72-Hour Rule, follow these steps:
- Mark the standard a "No" and comment on the score form.
- Indicate WHY the documentation is missing and specify WHAT documentation needs to be sent to the lead visitor.
- Visitor will explain to the director what needs to be sent and how things need to be sent. Visitor will also explain the consequences if documentation is not sent, is incomplete, or is inaccurate.
- Camp sends documentation to the lead visitor within 72 hours.
- Lead visitor holds the score form for 72 hours.
- If the documentation received is acceptable:
- Visitor will change the score to "YES."
- Add a comment on the score form related to the changed score.
- If the documentation is not received or not acceptable:
- Visitor will leave the "No" as originally scored.
- Lead visitor will promptly send the score form to ACA national/administrative office after documentation arrives or 72 hours have expired.