Bullying is here to stay in summer camp and this course is designed to help you be prepared and ready to act this summer as well as between the seasons. Bullying can happen in 4 ways: physical, verbal, relational, and cyberbullying (through technology). You may face some or all of these situations with campers and staff. The way you respond to bullying and role model appropriate behavior sets the stage for a great summer or one that that can lead to very unhappy consequences. The goal for this course is to help you learn the right ways and avoid the wrong ways to manage bullying problems and create a great camp experience for your campers and staff.
At the end of this course particiants will:
- Understand the difference between bullying and normal behavior that may appear to look like bullying.
- Learn who may be the unlikely bully and who may be targeted to help you stay on top of the situation.
- Learn the ways bystanders can and will act to become upstanders amongst your campers and staff to stop bullying behavior.
Course Length: 1 hour
Course Credit: 1.0 CEC
2 Purchase Options
Price: $35 member; $70 nonmember
Purchase access for Ten persons  (up to 10*)
Price: $55 member; $110 nonmember
Please note the following for subscription access:
- You will be required to provide access information to each learner that will be sent to you upon purchase.
- The cost of the course allows you to buy access to ACA courses in multiples of 10. You can purchase as many sets of ten as you need.
- Your staff may complete the program at their convenience.
Joel Haber, Ph.D., “The Bullycoach” is a Clinical Psychologist, camp consultant, professional speaker, a member of the LGTextEd.com Council of Experts, and the consultant for Herotopia.com, the first social on-line game where kids create superheroes and learn to deal with bullies. He is a creator of ToolKitsforKids.com helping kids deal with the emotional challenges they face today and winner of 5 major parenting awards. He is the author of the book, "Bullyproof Your Child for Life."
You Might Also Like . . .
Prices shown are ACA member prices. First-time members can join ACA for free today.