This course covers the essential skill areas and best practices of the most effective supervisors at camp. Through this one-hour course, you will learn:
- The four most commonly made mistakes of inexperienced supervisors
- Seven effective habits of skilled supervisors
- How to conduct effective staff meetings and check-ins
- The 5 golden rules of supervising campers good supervisors instill in their staff
- Three critical types of feedback
- Nine essential communication skills
The course includes several resource handouts.
This course carries 1.0 CECs and a certificate of completion.
TWO Purchase Options
Purchase single person access
Price: $25 member; $60 nonmember
Purchase access for multiple persons  (up to 50*)
Price: $55 member; $90 nonmember
*Additional learners will be $5 per person member; $28 nonmember. Please contact ACA to place your order for more than 50 learners 800-428-2267 ext. 305.
Please note the following for subscription access:
- You will be required to supply enrollment information for each learner
- The cost of the course allows unlimited numbers of your staff to take the course until December 31 of the current year.
- After that time, you/your camp will need to purchase the course again for the following year.
- Your staff may complete the program at their convenience.
Bob Ditter is a child, adolescent, and family therapist in Boston, Massachusetts. He consults with youth agencies throughout the United States, including the American Camp Association (ACA), Girl Scouts of the USA, YMCA, Salvation Army, JCC, and many others. He has visited over 500 camps in the United States, writes a column for Camping Magazine, the official publication of ACA, and has authored several books and training videos for camp professionals.
You Might Also Like . . .
Prices shown are ACA member prices. First-time members can join ACA for free today.