Description and Learner Outcomes:
This course, which is designed for organizational leaders who work with volunteers in a management role and who use volunteers to deliver programs and services, covers the process of volunteer management and development from recruiting and screening volunteers to volunteer coaching and training to volunteer disengagement. Based on the book, Volunteer Development 101: Empowering Organizations to Work With Volunteers by Barry A. Garst, Ph.D., this course provides a basic overview of the volunteer development process, from identifying and screening volunteers to coaching and separating from volunteers. Sample books chapters are provided with the course as part of the additional course exercises.
Through this course, participants will better understand:
(1) Steps in the volunteer development process.
(2) Key tasks of successful volunteer managers
(3) Volunteer development resources
Course Length – 1 Hour
Course Credit – 1.0 CEC
Volunteer Development 101: Empowering Organizations to Work With Volunteers  (By Barry A. Garst, Ph.D.)
Volunteers are a critical asset to any camp and often the most successful camps are those which effectively team together volunteers with professionals. Volunteer Development 101: Empowering Organizations to Work With Volunteers provides directors of youth development programs with examples, checklists, samples, and guidelines to simplify the managing of volunteers.
TWO Purchase Options:
Single person, Access to the Course
Price: $25 member; $60 nonmember
Purchase the "Volunteer Development 101" course. 
Multiple persons (Up to 50 persons*), subscription access to course
Price: $55 member; $90 nonmember
*Additional learners will be $5 per person member; $28 nonmember. Please contact ACA to place your order for more than 50 learners 800-428-2267 ext. 305
Purchase subscription access to "Volunteer Development 101” course. 
Please note the following for subscription access:
- You will be required to supply enrollment information for each learner
- The cost of the course allows up to 50 members of your staff to take the course until December 31 of the current year, unless you purchase additional learners. After that time, you/your camp will need to purchase the course again for the following year.
- Your staff may complete the program at their convenience
You Might Also Like . . .
Prices shown are ACA member prices. First-time members can join ACA for free today.