Description and Learner Outcomes:
This course helps camp directors and other youth providers define what program "relevancy" means to them and provides strategies for deeper engagement with more communities to enhance the camp experience for everyone.
At the end of the this course, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the challenges of connecting communities to the camp experience
2. Discover essential building blocks that support camp relevancy
3. Learn new ideas based on examples of successful programs and individuals
Inspired by a childhood divided between an urban home and a working ranch, Rue Mapp founded Outdoor Afro , an online community that reconnects African-Americans with natural spaces and one another through outdoor activities. She now advises on a number of national initiatives that aim to connect more diverse participation in the outdoors; she was recently appointed to the National Parks Committee on Relevancy, and invited to the White House twice in 2010 for the launch of the Obama’s America’s Great Outdoors Initiative, and to take part in a think-tank to inform the launch of the Let’s Move campaign. She currently serves as a Program Officer for the Foundation for Youth Investment to oversee its grant making to help programs connect underserved California youth to the outdoors. Rue earned her B.A. from the University of California, Berkeley, and enjoys nature frequently with her three school-aged children.
Course Length: 1 hour
Course Credit: 1.0 CEC
TWO Purchase Options:
Single person, one-year access to course
Price: $25 member; $60nonmember
Purchase the "Cultivating Camp Relevancy for Diverse Audiences " course 
Multiple persons (Up to 50 persons*), subscription access to course
Price: $55 member; $90 nonmember
*Additional learners will be $5 per person member; $28 nonmember. Please contact ACA to place your order for more than 50 learners 800-428-2267 ext. 305
Purchase subscription access to "Cultivating Camp Relevancy for Diverse Audiences” course for up to 50 persons. 
Please note the following for subscription access:
• You will be required to supply enrollment information for each learner
• The cost of the course allows up to 50 members of your staff to take the course until December 31 of the current year, unless you purchase additional learners. After that time, you/your camp will need to purchase the course again for the following year.
• Your staff may complete the program at their convenience.
You Might Also Like . . .
Prices shown are ACA member prices. First-time members can join ACA for free today.