The following demographic tables and charts contain information about US youth and families that camps and youth programs might find helpful. The information is pulled from the US Census information (primarily 2010 census) or other national databases. The information may be accessed through links to direct sources or as tables/charts designed to answer specific demographic questions.
Note: Hispanic Origin is an ethnic category (not racial); therefore a person of Hispanic or Latino origin can also belong to a racial group(s). For example, a person might indicate they are Hispanic white, Hispanic American Indian, or some other combination of ethnicity and race. While true for any ethnic group, Hispanic/Latino are often analyzed separately due to the dramatic increase in the Hispanic population in the US.
Youth Demographic Statistics
- States Categorized by Percent Change in Child Population, 2000-2010  (map)
- Percent of 4th Graders Reading Below Basic Level by Race and Hispanic Origin, 2009 
- State Changes in Child Population by Race and Hispanic Origin, 2000-2010 
- Youth Demographics  (interactive including state and county level data)
General Population Demographic Statistics
- Median Age by State, 2010 (map)
- Population by Hispanic Origin and Race, 2010 
- Total Race & Ethnicity Greater Than National Average by County  (map)
- Total Population Change by Hispanic and By Race, 2000-2010 
- National Rates for Volunteerism By Generation 
- Population by Sex & Age, 2000-2010 
- Population Projections by Race & Hispanic Origin, 2010-2015