In order to meet several of the American Camp Association standards, a lifeguard or someone with first aid from a nationally recognized organization must be on duty during aquatic activities. In order to assist ACA accredited camps meet these standard, ACA is pleased to announce a recent partnership with the American Red Cross that will provide a 20% discount for Red Cross Health and Safety training for ACA accredited camps! Details of this partnership are outlined below.
Your 20% discount for Red Cross Health and Safety training applies to:
- Lifeguarding, Junior Lifeguarding, Water Safety Instructor, Babysitter's Training, First Aid/ CPR/AED for the lay and professional level courses that the ACA accredited camp offers as an Authorized Provider.
- Lifeguarding, Junior Lifeguarding, Water Safety Instructor, Babysitter's Training, First Aid/ CPR/AED for the lay and professional level full service courses (provided at the ACA accredited camp’s location and at their convenience by qualified Red Cross instructors).
To get started:
- Contact your American Red Cross Aquatics Representative .
Authorized Providers must have a current Red Cross Authorized Provider Agreement in place.
- Provide your contact information, ACA Camp Number and the Discount Code for training: AMERICANCAMP0414. Important Note: This coupon code is only valid until December 2013. A new code will be issued in January 2014.
- Coordinate with your Aquatics Representative to select the list of courses that you will be offering as an Authorized Provider or that you would like to have taught as full service courses.
The discount is applied when the course record is submitted.
Note that the discount does not apply to Learn-to-Swim Facility Fees or to Aquatic Examiner Service fees.
In addition, a 10% discount applies for Red Cross educational printed products and materials purchased through the Red Cross Store . To receive this discount, use the discount code: ACAMOU2013.
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.