ACA Northland’s volunteers are an essential component of the programs and services delivered throughout Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota. Through volunteering, there’s no more rewarding way to get involved in your local camp community, meet new people and partner with ACA to achieve our mission: enriching the lives of children, youth and adults through the camp experience.
We have an array of volunteer opportunities, long and short-term for you to choose from or we can design something new that utilizes your interests and skills. As a volunteer your busy schedule and availability are respected. We make it easy to get involved and will be there to support you every step of the way
How to get started:
1. Fill out the volunteer interest form.  Tell us what interests you; what are your skills and the level of involvement you prefer
2. A local committee chair or ACA staff will be in touch with you to further discuss opportunities that may be a good match for you
Current Short Term Volunteer Opportunities:
1. Help with hospitality at an upcoming ACA Northland event
2. Share your expertise and talents with others by facilitating a session at an upcoming event or webinar
3. Assist with writing articles and related content for one of our newsletters
4. Contribute content on our Facebook and Twitter accounts
5. Monitor local public policy issues that would be of interest to camps
6. Recruit and welcome new members
Current Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities:
- Local Council of Leaders (LCOL) positions
The ACA, Northland LCOL is responsible for he local delivery of ACA services, programs, and outreach. Members of the ACA, Northland LCOL serve two year terms that can be renewed for up to two additional terms. The ACA, Northland LCOL meets 4-6 times a year either in person or via teleconference. In addition, LCOL share in the work of the committee that they represent. ACA, Northland is recruiting for the following LCOL positions:
- National Council of Leaders (NCOL) Representative
- Join a Committee ( Each Committee involves one time, short term and longer term volunteer responsibilities) ACA, Northland is currently recruiting one volunteers to join the following committees:
- Professional Development: Responsible for developing plans to build knowledge, skills and abilities for every individual through a variety of methods and partnerships. Exploring new methodologies that meet the needs of members and customers.
- Membership Outreach : Key responsibility is designing and implementing an outreach and promotional plan to our present members and potential new customers.
- Public Policy: Monitoring local and state based issues that are of interest of the camp and youth development community.
- Becoming a Visitor  for the ACA-Accreditation Program
For Questions or More Information:
Contact the ACA Northland Field Office
800-428-2267 extension 534