Check out our 2014 Award Winners!
Submit a Nomination
Nominations for 2015 will be due in October of 2015.
ACA, Wisconsin Newcomer Award
1. An active ACA member for less than three years.
2. Participates in field office activities, i.e., Mid States Camp Conference, annual meeting, spring or fall workshops/meetings/breakfasts.
3. Participated in committees, workshops, or leadership role with the Local Council of Leaders.
Certificate of Appreciation
1. Member of ACA.
2. Dedicated service or special contribution to ACA, Wisconsin. May be a one-time service or long-term service.
Excellence in Program Recognition
1. A camp program highlighting such items as: top notch safety, high percentage return rate for campers and/or staff, new, innovative, or successful existing programs.
2. These profiles will be shared in a ACA, Wisconsin newsletter.
Friends of Camping Recognition
1. A nonmember or group who has made a contribution to ACA, Wisconsin.
2. The contribution could be a monetary donation or service, such as an individual or corporation giving time or resources to workshops or training.
1. Photo must be from a camp accredited by ACA, Wisconsin.
2. A signed release for individuals in the photo must be on file with the camp/photographer.
3. Photo is in digital format (jpg or tif).
4. Maximum of 3 entries per person.
Oak Leaf Award
1. High standards of character and moral standing.
2. Membership with ACA for a period of at least 5 years, with at least 3 years in Wisconsin Field Office.
3. Service rendered by individual is outstanding beyond expectations.
4. Participation and/or leadership in ACA national events, local trainings/workshop/institutes, outstanding programs, or chairing regional committees.
5. Active participation in other organizations: civic, fraternal, religious, or professionally related.
The Acorn Award is the highest honor presented to a nominated member of ACA, Wisconsin.
1. Highest standards of character and moral standing.
2. Membership with ACA for a period of at least 10 years and with ACA, Wisconsin for at least 5 years.
3. Service rendered by individual is outstanding, beneficial to camping, and reflected in benefits to ACA, Wisconsin.
4. Participation and/or leadership in ACA national events, trainings/workshops/institutes, outstanding programs, or chairing national committees.
5. Articles for publications, research efforts, and/or public presentations related to camping.
6. Active participation in other organizations: civic, fraternal, religious, or professionally related.
Past Award Recipients
- ACA, Wisconsin Newcomer Award
- 2011 Laura Beilman-Dulin
- 2010 Hannah Hutler
- 2009 Jason Davis
- 2008 Stacie Simpson
- 2007 Annie Hernandez
- 2006 Megan Schmidt
- 2005 Gabe Chernov
- Certificate of Appreciation
- 2013 Duane Hanson
- 2012 Bob Braun
- 2012 Gail Tumidajewicz
- 2012 Karen Peck Katz
- 2012 Sharon Wuttke
- 2011 Emily Wahlquist
- 2010 Tina Bruno
- 2010 Darin Holden
- 2009 Jody Heimos
- 2008 Val Wright
- 2007 Mary Beth Malm
- 2007 Kelly Byrnes
- 2007 Rob Rathsack
- 2007 Val Wright
- 2007 Bob Braun
- 2006 Leslie Cripe
- Excellence in Program Recognition
- 2014 Camp Eagle Ridge's Food Revolution; Lake Valley Camp's Garden Program; and Camp Gray's Social Media
- 2011 Eau Claire YMCA Camp Manitou for Camp Wabi’s Healthy Lifestyle Initiative with Mayo Health Systems
- 2008 Camp Timberlee’s Leadership in Camp Ministry internship
- 2007 Camps for Kids campership program
- Friends of Camping Recognition
- 2010 Wisconsin Department of Revenue
- 2009 Central Wisconsin Environmental Station
- 2007 Agensian Health Care Group
- 2006 David Cammilleri of Wisconsin Health and Family Services
- Photograph Award
- 2014 Camp Gray, Easter Seals of Wisconsin, and Camp Timblerlane for Boys
- 2013 Georgianna Starz
- 2013 Molly Sweeney
- 2013 Jen Feltz
- 2012 Lindsey Scheid
- 2012 Colleen Dunn
- 2011 Jeremy Starz
- 2011 Topher Aderhold
- 2010 Mac Jaehnert
- 2010 Grace McGowan
- 2009 Chris Aderhold
- 2009 Camp Timberlane (Honorable Mention)
- 2008 Crystal Ward
- Oak Leaf Award
- 2014 Catherine Scheder
- 2013 Kelly Byrnes-Rossebo
- 2013 Darin Holden
- 2012 Annie Hernandez
- 2011 Leslie Cripe
- 2010 Gabe Chernov
- 2009 Carissa Miller
- 2008 Bob Braun
- 2007 Cliff Clauer
- 2006 Anne Derber
- 2005 Cathy Palmer
- 2005 Gail Tumidajewicz
- Acorn Award
- 2010 Cliff Clauer
- 2009 Gail Tumidajewicz
- 2008 Cathy Palmer
- 2007 Val Wright
- 2007 Phil Delong
- 2006 Karen Peck Katz
- 2005 Sharon Wuttke
- 2005 Kate Mace
- 2001 Karen Peck Katz